This USB device driver is only needed if you are are using the v1.4 printer driver and are going to connect the PowerMark printer to a PC via USB cable.
The PwerMark USB device driver for Windows 98/2000/XP is attached in a zip format.
This driver is compatible with MarkWare v3.6 and below.
1) Download the attached zip file.
2) Extract/Unzip the contents of the zip file into an empty folder on your PC.
3) Connect your PowerMark to the PC using a USB cable and turn the printer on. A Found New Hardware Wizard appears.
4) In the Found New Hardware Wizard you will need to complete an advanced install. Select the options described in the following steps to properly complete the installation.
5) If asked "Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software?", select "No, not this time" and click "Next".
6) The wizard will ask "What do you want the wizard to do?", select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" and click "Next".
7) The wizard will prompt to "Please choose your search and installation options.", select "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install." and click "Next".
8) If the wizard asks to "Select a hardware type", scroll down and select "Printers" from the list of hardware types and click "Next".
9) Click "Have Disk...".
12) Click "Browse...".
13) Browse to the folder that you previously extracted the driver to (from step #2), select the file named "mcf5272_pm3.inf" and click "Open".
14) Click "OK".
15) Select "MCF5272 USB File Transfer Device" and Click "Next".
16) If you receive a warning stating "Windows cannot verify that the device driver is compatible with your hardware. Do you want to continue installing this driver", click "Yes".
17) If you receive a warning stating "The software you are installing for this hardware has not passed Windows Logo testing", click "Continue Anyway".
18) You will get a screen showing you the progress of the driver installation. Once the driver is finished installing, click "Finish".
19) Now that the PowerMark USB device driver is installed, you will have to install the PowerMark Printer driver which can be found by clicking on the related knowledge link at the bottom of this page.